How to find the Falzeben – our four-star family hotel in South Tyrol
The best ways to get to us…
Via Avelengo 214
39010 Avelengo, Merano 2000
Arrival by car
Motorway only: take the Munich (290km away) – Innsbruck (149km away) – Brenner (113km away) motorway until you get to Bolzano (exit for Bolzano sud/Bozen Süd) – the Bolzano-Merano freeway (SS38, exit for Merano sud/Meran Süd) – on the provincial road, turn right towards Scena and Avelengo shortly before you reach Merano.
Motorway and Passes: take the Munich – Innsbruck – Brenner motorway to Vipiteno. Exit the motorway and drive from Vipiteno over Passo di Monte Giovo (2094m) and through Val Passiria towards Merano. Shortly before reaching Merano, turn left towards Scena and Avelengo.
Main and provincial roads only:
- Via Füssen (214km) – Reutte – through the Ötztal valley over Passo del Rombo (2483m) into Val Passiria and on towards Merano. Shortly before Merano, turn left towards Scena and Avelengo.
- Via Landeck (122 km) – Passo di Resia (1504m; 82km away) through Val Venosta until the exit for Merano sud/Meran Süd – then, take the provincial road to Merano and turn right towards Scena and Avelengo.
From Austria: via Lienz (174km, East Tyrol) through the Puster Valley until Brunico and enter the motorway. Take the motorway until the Bolzano sud/Bozen Süd exit and continue towards Merano. Shortly before you get to Merano, turn right towards Scena and Avelengo.
From Switzerland: via Davos (133km) – Flüelapass (2389m) – Ofenpass (2155m) – Santa Maria – Tures – through Val Venosta to Merano (135km).
Our tip: Be sure to have your winter tyres fitted and take your snow chains with you if travelling between November and April.
Train connections via:
- Munich – Innsbruck – Brenner – Bolzano – Merano
- Linz – Salzburg – Innsbruck– Brenner – Bolzano – Merano
- Zürich – Innsbruck – Brenner – Bolzano – Merano
- Zürich – Landquart – Zernez – Malles – Merano
- Vienna – Salzburg – Innsbruck – Brenner – Bolzano – Merano
- Venice – Verona – Bolzano – Merano
- Milan – Verona – Bolzano – Merano
- Take the Europa-Spezial to South Tyrol
Would you like to travel to South Tyrol on the EuroCity trains run by the German (DB) or Austrian (ÖBB) rail networks? Then purchase a “Mobilcard 1 Tag” day ticket, valid for both your inward and outward journeys, on board between Munich and Bolzano. You can also acquire this ticket before boarding at any DB travel centre (Reisezentrum).
For more information, visit www.bahn.de
South Tyrol Special – Christmas Markets
Travel to South Tyrol on trains that are part of the cooperation between the German (DB) and Austrian (ÖBB) rail networks while our Christmas markets are running and stay for at least three nights to receive a free Mobilcard, valid for 7 days, when you show your train ticket.
The best rail connection: Munich – Innsbruck – Bolzano – Merano
We would be delighted to pick you up from the station in Merano. You can also get to us by taxi or by bus from Merano station. The bus stops directly in front of the hotel every hour.
Arrival by train:
- Deutsche Bahn (German rail network)
- Auto Train from Germany – Auto Train Service, Tel.: +49 1805 996 633
- Österreichische Bundesbahn (Austrian rail network)
- Schweizerische Bundesbahnen (Swiss rail network)
- Engadin – Merano Route Express or Rail Service, Tel.: +41 81 288 65 65
- Trenitalia (Italian rail network)
- Regional connections with the Vinschgerbahn (Val Venosta local railway, Merano – Malles)
- Bolzano airport
- Innsbruck airport
- Munich Airport
- Verona airport
- Milan Airport
- Airport Transfer
Hotel Falzeben Arrivals Ticket
Take advantage of a cheap bus transfer that links the Italian airports of Bergamo and Verona, the Austrian airport of Innsbruck and the German airport of Munich with South Tyrol. To find out more, visit www.suedtirol.info.
- South Tyrol bus Bergamo – Verona timetable
- South Tyrol bus Munich timetable
- Transfer days: 5 times per day, 7 days per week
- Current ticket prices always available on the Südtirol Bus website
- Meraner Land Express – your coach connection from Germany (Munich to Merano)
- Train connections to Munich from all major cities in Germany – www.bahn.de
- Südtirol Tours – your year-round coach connection from Germany (Stuttgart to Ulm, then Fernpass and Landeck and on to Lago di Resia and the Merano holiday region)
- Booking: Company Klopfer Südtirol – Tours, Winnenden (Germany), www.suedtiroltours.de
- Südtirol-Express – your coach connection from Switzerland to Merano
- Booking: Firma Südtirol Express, Egnach (Switzerland), www.suedtirolexpress.ch
- Eurobus – Swiss coach company, Eurobus, offers coach journeys to the Merano area (Naturno, Rablà, Lagundo and Merano), departing from Bern, Basel, Aarau, Olten, Windisch, Sursee, Ruswil, Luzern, Zürich, Winterthur and St. Gallen. Booking: EUROBUS AG, Windisch (Switzerland), www.eurobus.ch